I am having an issue with opening the opf file in one computer which was previously saved in another computer. Once I open the file using a different computer, the spreadsheet turns into a white space without file name, which is usually shown on the top. I tried several different things and found out that this issue occurs when I add the video saved in the location which was different from the location of previously added video. For example, when I open the same two files saved in different locations (one is the original file and the other is the copied file) in one computer, the copied file was opened normally if the video locations were same. However, if I once add the video located in a different folder to the copied opf file, after I save the file, exit Datavyu, and open this file again, it won't show the spreadsheet with the codes entered previously. It only shows empty white space. This problem is very concerning since my coders are working on one computer, and I will gather the coded files and work on the next step with another computer. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advices related to this issue. Thank you.
Currently, Datavyu will crash when attempting to load video files that have certain non-English characters in their names. This is also the case if the folders containing these videos have non-English characters. We are working on a fix for this for the next release.
If you have a file that will not open in Datavyu, you can perform the following steps to unpack, edit, and repack the data:
1) Change the extension of the saved Datavyu file from ".opf" to ".zip".
2) Use a compression/decompression tool to "unzip" the file. This will create a folder with several files (or the files will be placed inside an existing folder).
3) Use a text editor to open up the file named "project"
4) Find lines with the label "feed:". Change the path to the video file after this label.
5) Save the file.
6) Use a compression tool to "zip" the files. NOTE: it is important to zip the files themselves and not a folder containing those files.
7) Change the extension of the newly created ZIP file from ".zip" to ".opf"