Best Practices for Coding Behavioral Data from Video¶
Watch a Presentation on Video Coding and Best Practices¶
Databrary and Datavyu are hosting regional workshops around the U.S. to share research tools and resources to the science community. You can watch the regional workshop presentations and view the slides on Databrary.
- Overview of Coding Process
- Step 1: Recordings—Verify That You Can See the Behaviors of Interest
- Step 2: Codes—Design a Formal Coding Scheme
- Step 3: Checks—Check for Careless Errors, Inter-Rater Reliability, and Design the Format to Export Your Data
- Step 4: Workflow—Establish a Workflow and Code Videos